Accumin – Our mission statement is: “Moving forward together through effective management information systems” Our objective is:
- To develop timeous and meaningful information on which sound business decisions can be made.
- Develop accounting systems acceptable to Management.
- To provide sound tax planning including management of tax affairs of Company and Members.
- To advise on, and where applicable, management investment of surplus funds.
- To develop practical benchmarks through simple but effective budgeting and to monitor this through effective reporting.
Our business has two main administration solutions: Accounting services for small to medium businesses, including taxation services, and property administration for residential and commercial properties.
Adele is a qualified Chartered Accountant and is registered with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). After obtaining her BCom honours in accounting degree from the University of Natal, she completed her audit training contract with Deloitte and Touche. She was thereafter retained as an audit manager and served as a senior audit manager responsible for, amongst others, clients such as Illovo Sugar Limited, Grindrod Ltd, Natal Portland Cement, Island View Storage, South African National Blood Service and National Independent Medical Aid Society. Adele joined BCA in March 2007 and has taken over the management.
Kim is also a qualified Chartered Accountant, is registered with SAICA and has a Higher Certificate in Advanced Tax. Kim joined Accumin on 1 October 2012. She obtained her BCom Honours from the University of Natal and completed her audit training with PriceWaterHouseCoopers. She thereafter joined Shoprite Checkers Distribution Centre as the Finance/Admin Manager in Durban, and was more recently the Financial Manager of Shepstone & Wylie until September 2012.
We currently employ 6 other members of staff. The founding members, Dave and Joan Cruickshank, whilst semi-retired, are still involved in what started as a family business. Dave’s 40 years’ experience as a Chartered Secretary (CIS) is often called on for his necessary experience.